29 Mayıs 2008 Perşembe

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

FROM CHARLES RIVER SCENE

Clementine steps out onto it. Joel follows nervously.


CLEMENTINE

Don't worry. It's really solid this time of year.
JOEL
I don't know.


She takes his hand and he is suddenly imbued with confidence.


JOEL

This is so beautiful.

She squeezes his hand.

CLEMENTINE

Isn't it?

She runs and slides on the ice. Joel is by himself now.


JOEL

I don't know. What if it breaks?
CLEMENTINE
What if?

Clementine lies on her back and stares up at the stars. Joel
is paralyzed. He looks back at the shore.

JOEL

I think I should go back.
CLEMENTINE
Joel, come here. Please.

He hesitates then gingerly makes his way over to her. She
reaches for his hand and gently pulls him down. He lies on his back beside her, their bodies touching. He wants to turn to her, but out of shyness, doesn't. She holds his hand. They look up at the stars. She smiles, doesn't say anything and snuggles closer to him.

JOEL

Listen, did you want to make love?
CLEMENTINE
Make love?
JOEL
Have sex. Y'know --
CLEMENTINE
Oh, um...
JOEL
Because I just am not drunk enough or stoned enough to make that happen right now.
CLEMENTINE
That's okay. I --
JOEL
I'm sorry. I just wanted to say that. This seems like the perfect romantic exotic place to do it and --
CLEMENTINE
Hey, Joel --
JOEL
-- and I'm just too nervous around you right now.
CLEMENTINE
I'm nervous, too.
JOEL
Yeah? I wouldn't have thought that.
CLEMENTINE
Well, you obviously don't know me.
JOEL
I'm nervous because I have and enormous crush on you.

She smiles up at the sky.

CLEMENTINE

Show me which constellations you know.


Hiç yorum yok: